Saturday 2 February 2019

Utilising that Stash!

Not that I have a lot in my stash ;) or that maybe you might call me a 'collector' of papers, grin :)  Just don't tell my husband!
I was going through my stash, organising things, as you do ;) and came across some old Basic Grey - they were one of my first loves in scrapbooking.  BUT I discovered while re-organising the stash that those papers I just couldn't bear to use because they were too beautiful, just didn't hold that same degree of love anymore.  Tastes change I guess, and the scrapbooking industry has evolved so much since I first started card making back in 2001!


So, this little cutie is my great-nephew, on Christmas Day just chilling while we had a family photo shoot.  The papers are a mixture of Nordic Holiday and Marrakech from Basic Grey.  I mixed it all up with chipboard from Dusty Attic and 2 Crafty, and chipboard stickers from Echo Park.  Distress Oxides created the background with some random stamping.  To get my creativity cranking into gear, I used one of the sketches, and the mood board, from Dusty Attic.


Distress Oxides are my latest go to, I love how easy they blend together!  This card uses Victorian Velvet, Fossilized Amber, and Abandoned Coral.  The background die is from Lawn Fawn and the stamps are from Altenew.


My last card uses scraps of bittersweet from Basic Grey, left over from a mini album I made for my work's Valentines Day Raffle.  This card is just layers, layers layers, its really quite simple.  4 different Memory Box Dies, with some Scrapinec chipboard, paper straws and flowers from Green Tara.

For some reason, despite trying to save these cards multiple times they ended up with the top and bottoms chopped off!  SO ANNOYING!!  however, it did feel great utilising some of those old papers :)

I have to say a big THANK YOU to my wonderful friend Francine, she's given my blog a bit of revamp for me :) What do you think?  I love it! <3

Have a great weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment