Friday 23 February 2018

Are you In the Mood??

Hi Everyone :)

This month there is a new release from Blue Fern Studios called In the Mood, full of delightful shades of charcoal, grey, creams and pinks.  With the paper collection comes some stunning embossing powder colours.  One of them has become an instant favourite - Black Gold!  Ive used this in the layout below, but really the photos don't do it justice, its just stunning.


This layout is a tutorial and you find all the details here:

I created two projects this month, the other was my contribution to our ward's Valentines Day Raffle, trying to raise some funds to help with textbooks etc.


I had the box in my stash for a long time, it was from Heidi Swapp but goes to show don't throw anything out it will always come in handy!  ;)  I attached a piece of chipboard to the inside of the lid and just coloured it with archival ink.


On the lid I created a cluster of BFS flowers and die cut doilies, and a piece of the printed In the Mood chipboard.  Along the sides of the lid I used a border punch with some lace over the top.


Cutting the paper to fit inside of the box was a bit fiddly and I had some gaps, but BFS to the rescue with some of their lovely lace and that fixed that!


So the card was next and I used the scraps from the box to complete the card, making it all match :) I also wanted to mimic the cluster on the box, on the card.  So I used the same doily die and flowers.


Another piece from the printed chipboard set, a bit of ribbon and an arrow from my stash and its finished!

 
Gotta love those little heart pins ;)

It does beg the question though.......................................... did it get you in the mood to scrap?! ;)
Thanks for popping by, see you soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment