Thursday 30 October 2014

Cardabilities Sketch #110

Hello again :)
Today is the final reveal for my first term at Cardabilities.  Ive really enjoyed playing with the sketches Karan has designed each month as well as being involved in such an organised friendly team of crafters.

You can see the new sketch here.


This time round I used a really old paper range from Pink Paislee, its some of the last pieces I have from it :(  There are just some ranges out there from different companies that I have just loved over the years and could not bring myself to cut into!!  But the pile was getting bigger so time to start playing with them - anyone else out there as bad as me? ;)


A little closeup of that cluster for you - some Prima flowers and leaves with a new leafy flourish die - yes I do have an addiction to dies ;) - Ive cut out using the packaging the flowers came in.


I loved this sketch so much I also made another card, this time much more simple and for a boy!  Its a bit of MME with a mixture of BoBunny stamps and embellishments.  To get the yellow behind the phrase at the bottom I stamped first in yellow paint, and then over the top in black archival ink, to make it stand out a bit more and tie in with colour scheme.


The 13 is stamped and embossed - its a set of stamps from BB Zip-a-Dee range.  That circle cluster is a very old set of clear stamps from Fancy Pants, a 12 x12 set that is one of my favs.
Both cards are quite different, but thats the perfect thing about sketches!

If you pop on over to the Cardabilities page you can see some really stunning examples and the featured designers - they're creativity will blow you away, simply stunning cards!!

1 comment: