Saturday 28 January 2012

The Annual Trek to Cromwell

Last week we did our annual trip to Cromwell for the Classic Car and Hotrod Show.  This is one of Forbes's favourite shows and seems to be getting bigger and bigger each year.  700 cars this year, Forbes's idea of heaven :).  I on the other hand go because he goes, not because Im  so enamoured with looking under car hoods lol!  And I get to catch up with all the girls in the club and do some shopping.  There is this shop that Karen and I always go to and never fail to buy something from, most importantly they stock small sizes!, so I love going there, but this time I found they were gone!! Karen said thats it we're going home :) and then we spied it, it had moved!  And yes we did grab a bargain, I bought a gorgeous handbag that Forbes doesn't understand why I could possibly need another one, and just quietly they sold quite a few more after some of the girls saw mine!
Im not going to bore you with loads of car photos but when I get the camera fixed - I can't seem to download my photos at the moment - I will show our trip down to St Bathans, but I'll have to save it for a later post because you have to see the photos!

On the scrappy front I have busy trying to finish my class for Scrappin Patch's March Retreat, and I'll show you some sneak peaks when Im done.  I've also had a friend at work getting married back home, so had an idea to create a brag book for her as a gift.  I know when we got married I was given everyones photos, and ended up with loads of them, so Im guessing she will have the same thing happen.  I bought a couple of brag books from the Warehouse, and covered the front.  I actually bought two and decorated the other for another friend who has just had her second grandchild, so she could definitely use a brag book!




A friend of mine is very arty, she paints, and she paints really well - one thing Im at hopeless at.  I can't seem to do grungy/abstract very well either, probably because it goes against my anal neat and tidy nature :).  For her birthday I decided to give a canvas ago, with no photos, just an artsy canvas thing, and Im actually surprised how it turned out.  What do you think?  She loved it by the way.


Oh and of course a card!


So there you have it, now I just need to go sort out that camera!
Later

4 comments:

  1. Glad you found your shop down south and had a good time away. What a great gift idea, those brag books :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow- the brag book is really beautiful! Have to catch upo soon- been ages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A canvas with no photo's, very cool. I can see why she liked it. Ditto on the brag books.... Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful pieces!! What a lucky friend you have!

    ReplyDelete